Forums 501st French Garrison

Version complète : *UPDATE - Cancelled* Hello from Los Angeles, Southern California Garrison - Visiting France in April 2020
Vous consultez actuellement la version basse qualité d’un document. Voir la version complète avec le bon formatage.
Hello,
My name is Roger David and I am a member of the Southern California Garrison, Los Angeles Squad. I wanted to reach out for awareness that I, along with my family, will be vacationing in France in April of this year (4/2 -4/12). During that time, we will be in the Loire Valley and in Paris for the latter half of our vacation. I would love to meet some local legion family during our vacation. Aside from site-seeing which includes Disneyland, I’d like to plan time to meet some of the French Garrison legion members as I will bringing some coins, patches, trading cards and souvenirs from Galaxy’s Edge. This will be my first visit to France and very excited for our vacation. And in the planning of this trip, I wanted to set aside time for unofficial legion business ;-)

I’m open to any suggestions you may have for things to do, places to go. I've also been in correspondence with Guillaume Soisson on Facebook who has been very helpful.

Looking forward to meeting soon!

Sincerely,
Roger, TK/TI/TD/IS/IC 28602

Please feel free to add me on Facebook.

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/therogerdavid
501st Legion profile - http://501st.com/members/displaymember.php?userID=28693
Welcome

Hope troopers from around Paris could meet you :wink:
Thank you!!
Hi! And welcome Smile

So. When do you want to come to Disneyland Paris? I've the DLP Passport and, if I can, that's will be a pleasure to meet you and having fun to DLP!
On the Loire Valley, there are most beautiful castle of France, Like Chambord Castle or Chenonceau.

Send PM if you're interested by DLP Smile

Franck
Walcian post_id=240273 time=1580376593 user_id=6897 a écrit :Hi! And welcome Smile

So. When do you want to come to Disneyland Paris? I've the DLP Passport and, if I can, that's will be a pleasure to meet you and having fun to DLP!
On the Loire Valley, there are most beautiful castle of France, Like Chambord Castle or Chenonceau.

Franck

Hello Franck, that would be wonderful!! As of now, we are scheduled to be in the Loire Valley from 4/2-4/7 visiting chateaus and castles...very excited. Then heading to Paris for the remainder of our stay and would happy to meet at the DLP. Once we have a date in mind, I will update this post with that info.
frogstir post_id=240282 time=1580399682 user_id=7316 a écrit :
Walcian post_id=240273 time=1580376593 user_id=6897 a écrit :Hi! And welcome Smile

Franck

Hello Franck, that would be wonderful!! As of now, we are scheduled to be in the Loire Valley from 4/2-4/7 visiting chateaus and castles...very excited. Then heading to Paris for the remainder of our stay and would happy to meet at the DLP. Once we have a date in mind, I will update this post with that info.

Ok, I check it :wink:
Hi Roger!
I'm Angel (Caracol Verdoso in FB). I've just sent you a request over there.
Without a doubt, it will be a pleasure to meet you here in Paris!! And for sure we can organize something. So, keep us updated about your plans and we'll work something out. And as Franck has said, for Disneyland there are a bunch of us who have the annual pass and can help you out with the tickets should you need it :wink:
Angel Felix post_id=240305 time=1580489225 user_id=6499 a écrit :Hi Roger!
I'm Angel (Caracol Verdoso in FB). I've just sent you a request over there.
Without a doubt, it will be a pleasure to meet you here in Paris!! And for sure we can organize something. So, keep us updated about your plans and we'll work something out. And as Franck has said, for Disneyland there are a bunch of us who have the annual pass and can help you out with the tickets should you need it :wink:

Hello Angel! I just accepted your friend request, thank you for adding me on Facebook!!! I'm so very excited to not only visit your beautiful country but to also meet legion family Smile Regarding DLP, I would love know what type of assistance can be offered. I have an Annual Pass for Disneyland Anaheim but it does not offer any sort of benefit abroad. It would be myself and my oldest daughter spending a day at DLP as the rest of my family will be site-seeing elsewhere. I've looked into the 1 day, 1 park with shuttle from the Eiffel Tower area but unsure of all the specific details. Please do not feel obligated but if there is any help you can provide regarding the best option for tickets and transportation, I would be very appreciative! As of now, we will arrive in Paris on 4/7 and heading home on 4/12 and have yet to choose a day for DLP. I am beyond excited!
Hello there,

Saddly, I wont be around Paris for the month of april, but looks like you gonna have a great stay in France, judging by your scheddule =]
Hope you'll enjoy it as much as expected !
Greyzlack post_id=240356 time=1580801149 user_id=7175 a écrit :Hello there,

Saddly, I wont be around Paris for the month of april, but looks like you gonna have a great stay in France, judging by your scheddule =]
Hope you'll enjoy it as much as expected !

We are very much looking forward to our vacation! Thanks for responding!
Update - I have planned to visit Disneyland Paris on Thu 4/9 with my daughter. I have reached out to my new FG friends on FB to let them know but if anyone else would like to meet us there, I think that would be a fun day. Otherwise, I'm hoping to meet in another location for dinner possibly between 4/8 and 4/11. Feel free to add me on FB or PM me here. Looking forward to meeting you!!
For my part, I've already taken the day off at work to go with you to Disneyland :lol:

[Image: giphy.gif]

Looking forward to having you here!!
Angel Felix post_id=240431 time=1581362663 user_id=6499 a écrit :For my part, I've already taken the day off at work to go with you to Disneyland :lol:

[Image: giphy.gif]

Looking forward to having you here!!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
*UPDATE*

It's with hesitation and disappointment that we will be rescheduling our trip in April. I hope to meet many of you in the future but with the recent announcements from the US Government and the CDC, we will not be traveling. Stay safe my Legion Family and I hope our paths will cross soon.
No problem at all! It is perfectly comprehensive.
We'll keep in touch. And I hope to see you in the future :wink:
Stay safe also over there!